This month's Aspiring Bakers#10-Easy as Pie just come in the right time, so I can practise the pie, tarts and quiches's recipes that i learnt from Academy of Pastry Arts, Malaysia.
This time, i would like to share with you this special tart recipe, a tart with butter cake filling. I'm not sure whether or you have eaten this kind of tart before. I had this long time ago when i received a box of baby full month package from a friend.
Butter cake tarts
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 20 x 2" flower tarts and 4 x 3" round tart
Adapted from Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia’s recipe
250g all purpose flour
150g unsalted butter
65g icing sugar ( I replaced with caster sugar)
50g egg (1-2 eggs)
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut butter into small pieces, add into flour mixture, rub the mixture by hand till reaches sandy texture.
3. Add eggs and lightly combine to form dough, do not over work.
4. Cover dough with cling film and keep in the fridge for 1hour.
Butter cake filling
2 eggs, medium
200g self raising flour
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add egg one at a time, add in vanilla extract and combine well.
3. Fold in flour and milk, combine well
To make butter cake tart
1. Take out pastry dough from the fridge, cut into small pieces and mould into tart mould.
2. Fill in the butter cake batter into tart about 90% full.
3. Sprinkle (almond slices, melon seeds or raisin) on top of the tart.
4. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 20-25 mins.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers#10-Easy as Pie hosted by Not the Kitchen Sink.