Everyday we had this mouth watering dessert (Thai mango sticky rice) without failed when we visited to Bangkok recently. This is actually easy and simple to make at home..just make sure you serve with sweet and nice mangoes.
My husband told me he especially likes the crunchy yellow tiny things (he was not sure what is that ) as he found the usual one we having here is without the fried things. After i tried in Bangkok, I know what he means, actually that tiny yellow thing is fried mung beans..i also re-create this with my own recipe as per below.
I also using the glutinous rice that i brought back from Bangkok..
350g glutinous rice, soaked for 4hours
220ml coconut milk
1 and 1/4tsp salt
5 pandan leaves (screwpines leaves), knotted
1. Mix all ingredients in a steaming tray, steam over high heat for 45mins.
2. Discard pandan leaves, fluff up rice and set aside to cool.
Fried salty mung mean
40g mung beans
3tbsp cooking oil
1. Rinse mung beans several times till water run clear, soak in clean water for 1hour or more.
2. Heat cooking oil in a wok, add in mung beans and fry over lower heat, till light and crunchy.
3. Add in salt and sugar, mix well. Drain on paper towel.
½ cup thick coconut milk
1. Add all ingredients in a saucepan, cook over low heat till thick ( or thicken it by adding 1/2tbsp tapioca flour and 1tbsp water).
To assemble mango sticky rice
1. Slice mango and place on top of sticky rice.
2. Top with few spoons of coconut sauce and garnish with fried salty mung beans. Enjoy!!
** actually i was forgot to prepare that coconut sauce, the above coconut sauce recipe was retrieved from other's website.