My son Lucas prefers snow skin mooncake, i made this green tea mooncake for him as he also like green tea flavour. Snow skin mooncake is quick and easy to make, definitely more simple than traditional mooncakes.
Do you know how to cut a mooncake to perfect size per serving ? Simply make 4 slices and divided into 8 equal portions.
Nowadays you can easily find all softs of ingredients needed to make mooncake in bakery ingredient shop, they even sell mooncake box which come together with inner plastic box, only cost me RM 0.65 per set for a big box.
Green tea snow skin mooncake 绿茶冰皮月饼
(recipe source: adapted from Jane's corner)
*makes 2 mooncakes x 3” diamenter
50g Koh hun (cooked glutinous rice flour) 糕粉
60g Icing sugar糖粉
60g Cold water冷水
1tsp matcha powder绿茶
Green tea lotus paste filling
200g white lotus paste白莲蓉
Method-mix all together to form a soft dough, weighted 100g and shape to ball
1. Sift Koh Fun,matcha powder and Icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Rub shortening into the flour mixture.
3. Gradually mix in cold water and mix to form a soft dough.
4. Weight each dough 60g and shape to ball.
5. Flatten the dough ball and place a green tea lotus paste ball on top, wrap and seal the dough by slowly push the dough until totally cover the whole lotus paste ball. Slightly shape into a ball again.
6. Place mooncake inside the mould, flatten dough to conform to shape of mould.
7. Knock the mooncake mould on solid surface and slowly remove the mooncake.
8. Chill before serving
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011) hosted by Happy Home Baking