Just realized that month of October left few more days to go. I have made few other type of kuihs, need to quickly post before Aspiring Baker#12: Traditional Kueh end. I have seen so many blogger friends did this Ondeh-Ondeh, this small ball with palm sugar seem is everyone's favourite. This is also one of my favourite kueh too.
You can add sweet potato to the dough, but this time i just add pandan (screwpine) juice to make the dough.
Ondeh-Ondeh (glutinous rice ball with palm sugar)
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
250 g glutinous rice flour
30g tapioca flour
235 ml Pandan Juice (blend 20pcs of pandan with 250ml water)
100 g gula Melaka (Palm Sugar), finely chopped
100 g grated fresh coconut
1/4tsp fine salt
1. Combine the glutinous rice flour and tapioca flour in a mixing bowl, slowly add in pandan juice and knead till smooth.
2. Steam grated coconut with salt for about 3mins, set aside to cool.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil. Pinch a small piece of dough (10g each) and flatten lightly. Fill in palm sugar in the center and seal it and lightly roll them into a ball.
4. Cook the balls in the boiling water, when the rice balls float to the surface, continue to cook for another 1-2mins.
5. Remove them and coat with grated coconut.
Frankly, i still prefer to buy this from outside Malay stall, cheap and yummy, too much of time and effort to make this little balls at home.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.