The other day we tried this dish at a Chinese restaurant nearby (As recommended by Missyblurkit) . I was very impressed with this black pepper beef with strawberry, juicy beef with strong black pepper aroma and sweetish tangy strawberry. Few weeks later, i imatated this at home..and the taste is almost close to that restaurant.
Stir Fried Black Pepper Beef with Strawberry
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
350g beef tenderloin, cubes
120g fresh strawberry, cubes
1 small onion, wedges
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Black pepper sauce seasonings
1/2tbsp black pepper powder
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp light soy sauce
1/2tsp dark soy sauce
1/2tbsp dark caramel sauce (optional,i prefer this dish look dark)
1/4tsp salt or to taste
1tbsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
Freshly grated black pepper, optional
1. Mix black pepper sauce seasonings in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil in a wok, sauté chopped garlic and onion till aroma.
3. Add in beef and strawberry cubes, stir fry for 30seconds.
4. Add in black pepper sauce, continue to stir fry for 1-2mins.
5. Sprinkle with freshly grated black pepper, dish out and serve hot.
** finally i just own my 1st unit of DSLR camera, still playing around with the lens, hope you like this series of photo ^_^