A chicken wing comes with 3 parts :- the drumette, middle wing, and the tip (end) . After I cooked the middle wing and the drumette, left only the tips which not many peoples appreciate this especially the kids. But I like to chew the skin which is crunchy, chewy and tasty. Usually I just deep fry it but this time I simply stir fried with salted soy bean, it was tasty and delicious!
First halve each of the chicken wing tip
and simply quick stir fry with these ingredients.
I have to add one extra piece of chicken thigh, so my kids also can enjoy this dish at the same time..
When you have leftover chicken wing tips, how do you use it?
I am submitting this post to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.Stir fried Chicken Wing tips 炒豆鼓鸡翅尖(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
18 chicken wings end, halved1 skinless and debone chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
Marinate seasonings1tps light soy sauce
1tsp rice wine
1/2tsp sesame oil
½ red pepper, cut wedges½ green pepper, cut wedges
½ onon, cut wedges
5 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 spring onion, cut 1” in length
Seasonings1tsp Chinese salted black soy bean豆鼓, soaked for 5mins and drained, chopped
1tsp fermented soy bean paste (tauchu), chopped
1tbsp dark soy sauce1tsp sugar
1/4tsp salt or to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces with seasonings for 30mins. Mix salted black soy bean and fermented soy bean paste together, set aside.
- Heat 3tbsp cooking in a wok, sauté ginger, garlic and spring onion till aroma.
- Add in both soy bean paste, stir fry till aroma.
- Add in chicken pieces, stir fry till colour changed. Add some water, continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in seasonings.
- Add in red and green pepper, onion slices, stir to combine well, cook for another 1min.
- Dish out and serve hot.