Baked Cheese Rice Cake
*Serves: 4 – 5 persons
2 cups of cooked rice (any rice is okay, I use Japanese rice)
100g bacon, chopped
50g ham, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1tbsp Olive oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
230g Mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/4tsp black pepper
1/2tsp Parsley flakes,( optional or use any other fresh herbs )
1. Lightly grease a 8” round springform pan. Line base with baking paper.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, stir fry chopped bacon and ham till slightly golden brown.
3. Add chopped onion and garlic, stir fry for a while.
4. Add parsley flakes and stir well. Remove from heat, stir through honey.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked rice, bacon and ham mixture, 1 cup of grated Mozzarella cheese and egg. Season with salt to taste.
6. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing down firmly so there are no gaps.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 25mins.
8. Remove from oven, set aside to cool. Remove the rice cake from baking pan.
9. Sprinkle the balance of grated Mozzarella cheese on top of the rice cake, and bake again at pre-heated oven at 200c for 15mins or until golden brown.
Happy Cooking !!