Chinese sausages fried rice
* serves 5-6 pax
4 cups of rice, (cooked and cooled, prefer overnight rice)
400g fresh shrimps, roughly chopped
4 Chinese sausages, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 whole garlic, chopped
4 stalks of spring onion, chopped
6-8 tbsp of cooking oil or more (easy to stir and glaze the rice)
1 and ½ tsp salt or to taste
A dash of white pepper powder
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1tsp of Chinese wine (optional)
1. Heat oil in a wok over high flame, add in chopped Chinese sausages, stir fry till fragrant and brown.
2. Add garlic, quickly stir fry. Add in chopped shrimps and stir fry till turn pale.
3. Push sausage and shrimps mixture to the side of the wok, add in egg and scramble the egg.
4. Put in the rice, toss well to combine.
5. Add salt and pepper, pour light soy sauce and Chinese wine from the side of the wok (this way will be more fragrant).
6. Keep stirring until the rice starts to “jump”. Combine all the ingredients together and fry until heated through.
7. Dish out, sprinkle with chopped spring onion, serve hot.
Happy Cooking !!