Personally I prefer Jane's butter cake recipe, not too oily, not too sweet and moist. I adapted Jane's coffee butter cake recipe but replaced coffee with cocoa, and reduce sugar. Thanks Jane !!
Cocoa Butter Cake
*makes 2 round aluminium cake tins
250g cake flour
1tsp vanilla essence
2tsp of double action baking powder
2tbsp cocoa powder and ½ tsp coffee powder mix with 3tbsp hot water
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Beat butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, add in vanilla, mixing well.
4. Fold in flour and milk, combine well.
5. Mix ½ portion of cake mixture with cocoa mixture.
6. Pour cake mixture into cake tin and follow by cocoa cake mixture.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 30mins or skewer came out clean.
Happy Baking !!