Today i made Tiramisu again, using my previous recipe but this time I added extra chocolate ganache as kids claimed the previous Tiramisu was not so sweet..and also inspired by Terri's Eggless Tiramisu.
This time i top up with kid's favourite Nestile Milo cereal instead of chocolate shavings. The Milo cereal add extra crunch to this Tiramisu, love it!
Eggless Tiramisu with Milo cereal
( recipe source: inspired by Terri@ A Daily Obsession and made minor changes to my previous recipe)
*makes 6 cups
100ml chilled espresso
100g sweet chocolate
1/2cup heavy whipping cream
3tsp hot water
250g Mascarpone cheese
30g icing sugar, sifted
250g heavy whipping cream (dairy)
12 sponge fingers (savoiardi)
Nestle Milo cereal
1.Mix chilled espresso with Kahlua in a shallow dish, set aside.
2.Melt the chocolate with 1/2 cup cream over a double boiler, cool.
3.Sprinkle gelatin over the hot water in a bowl, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering hot water till dissolved and clear liquid.
4. With an electric mixer, beat mascarpone cheese with icing sugar for 1min. Stir in 2tbsp of the chilled coffee (No 1). Mix thoroughly.
5. With the same mixer, continue to beat whipping cream and 1tbsp coffee mixture (No 1) in another mixing clean bowl that place over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water, beat until soft peaks form.
6. Stir a spoonful into of cream into the mascarpone, then fold in the rest and gelatin mixture till smooth.
7. Cut sponge finger into two. Spoon some mascarpone mixture into a glass cup and dip two half sponge fingers into expresso/Kahlua mixture and lay fingers on top of mascarpone mixture. Spread some chocolate ganache over the sponge fingers and then spread some mascarpone mixture over. Repeat, ending with a layer of mascarpone, smooth the top.
8. Garnish with Nestile Milo cereal and chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
HAPPY DIWALI and HAPPY HOLIDAY !!!