This morning i was tried to search this recipe in my blog list, i seen in a Chinese blog before but i couldn't recall which blog. Bakeling was laughing at me while I msn with her. She said who asked you to list so many blogs in the blog list, hahaha..Anyway, i tried to recall the recipe and create this noodle soup and serve for dinner tonight! This is quite an old fashion of noodle soup, last time our Ah Mah (grandmother) like to cook this noodle soup. Anyway, this noodle soup was yummy!
I serve this noodle with a new type of veggi, it was strongly recommended by veggie store owner. The name of this veggi is call Green Dragon leaf, it taste quite similar to leek and it was good. You may replaced with spring onion or coriander leaves..
Also advise to cook this soup with thick Meehoon (rice vermicilli)..
Enjoy!! and Happy 111111....
Taro and rice vermicelli noodle soup
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
2 chicken carcasses
500g pork ribs
3 slices ginger
-boil over low heat for 3hours, remove the bones and strain the stock
Stir fried minced meat
400g minced meat
2tbsp fish sauce
1tbsp dark caramel sauce
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp sugar or to taste
-Heat oil in a pan, add in the minced meat, stir well for 1-2mins, add in seasonings. Dish out and set aside
500g taro/yam, cubed
100g dried shrimps (hae bi), washed
3cloves garlic, chopped
2tsp salt or to taste
A dash of pepper
450g thick Meehoon (rice vermicelli)
Shallot oil, for garnish
Green Dragon leaf (stir fry with garlic, season with salt) or spring onion or coriander leaves, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan, sauté garlic and dried shrimps till fragrant.
2. Remove some fried shrimps for garnishing later, add taro cubes and stir fry for 2mins.
3. Add taro and dried shrimps mixture into the stock, boil until taro tendered.
4. Add in rice vermicelli, season with salt and pepper, cook till soft.
5. Dish out in a bowl, garnish with fried dried shrimps, fried minced meat, shallot oil and veggie, serve hot.