All ingredients used are normal, but we like a special aroma which come from adding the coriander powder..
Tahu Berontak (Deep fried Stuffed Tofu Puff with Cabbage) 包菜酿豆卜
Ingredients24pcs tofu puff
200g cabbage, thinly slice
40g carrot, thinly slice
1 Chinese chives, chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated
Seasonings3/4tsp salt or to taste
1tsp chicken stock powder
1tsp coriander powder
A dash of white pepper
Crispy batter100g water
50g self-raising flour
10g rice flour
- To combine cabbage, carrot, Chinese chives, grated garlic with all seasonings in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare crispy batter, mix water, self-raising flour and rice flour till smooth batter, set aside.
- Make a slit on each of the tofu puff, stuff cabbage filling into the tofu puff.
- Heat oil in a wok, dip each stuffed tofu puff in the prepared batter, deep fry over medium low heat till golden and crispy.
- Enjoy deep fried tofu puff with sweet chili sauce.
Recipe by, Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover