If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, December 6, 2013

Matcha Tiramisu 抹茶提拉米苏

We bought many matcha flavour of KitKat from Hokkaido, so far we have yet to find this matcha KitKat at the supermarket here, the usual one only chocolate flavour. I hide few boxes of this matcha KitKat in the refrigerator as I wanting to use it to decorate this matcha Tiramisu. After kept for almost 2 months, I can't kept it any longer because my kids already found the kitkat, so I have to quickly put into action before they steal it ^_^.


mt7 copy


mt copy


mt5 copy

 
This tiramisu also suitable to serve as dessert during Christmas time..Look at my decoration, raspberries and red ribbon, i got Christmas feel now ^_^..
mt8 copy


mt1 copy


mt4


Matcha Tiramisu 抹茶提拉米苏

To make matcha sponge cake

2 egg yolks (large)
55g cake flour, sifted
mt6 copy 5g matcha powder, sifted
2 egg white (large)
60g caster sugar

Method

  1. Sift both cake flour and matcha powder together, set aside.
  2. Lightly stir well egg yolk, set aside.
  3. Beat the egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar and beat until the egg whites become stiff peaks form, glossy and smooth.
  4. Fold in egg yolks and lightly mix with egg white mixture with a spatula.
  5. Sift the flour and matcha powder over this mixture and fold gently until just mixed.
  6. Fill the cake batter with a piping bag, pipe two round disc (6”) of cake batter on a lined baking pan.
  7. Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 10-15mins or until cooked.

To make Matcha Tiramisu with Matcha Kitkat

250g Mascarpone cheese
40g caster sugar
200g whipping cream (dairy)
1/2tsp gelatine powder
1tbsp water
cooked red bean, optional

To decorate
Matcha powder
5 boxes of Matcha Kitkat

Method

  1. Sprinkle gelatine powder over water in a bowl, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering hot water till dissolved and clear liquid.
  2. With an electric hand mixer, beat mascarpone cheese with sugar till loosen.
  3. With the same mixer, continue to beat whipping cream in a mixing bowl that place over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water, beat until stiff peaks form.
  4. Fold mascarpone cheese into whipped cream, then fold gelatine mixture till smooth.
  5. Place one piece of matcha sponge cake into a 6” cake ring or removable bottom cake pan. Divide cream into two equal portions, spoon one portion on top of the sponge cake.
  6. Place another piece of matcha sponge cake on top of the cream, sprinkle some cooked red beans on top. Spoon in the balance cream and smooth the top.
  7. Cover with clear film and chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
  8. Remove match Tiramisu from cake ring, sprinkle matcha powder on top, then stick Matcha KitKat on the sides.

Recipe by: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

I am submitting this to the "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" event which is hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.


mt3 copy

43 comments:

Lite Home Bake said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Very creative, love it! Maybe i will give it a try if i still have some of my matcha kitkat left :)

ice pandora said...

Wow this is great c: another
creative cake of yours! I
want to try out those greentea
Kit Kat :c Xx

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Very nicely done...

Gloria Fernandes said...

This looks Wow....beautifully done..would love to have a big piece..

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Lovely match tiramisu Sonia! First time for me to see green kitkat, yummy yummy! Very beautiful too!

Victoria Bakes said...

哈哈哈!having to hide the kit kat is funny... reminds me of how i need to hide the hokkaido packet fries from my husband as he cannot stop eating it... lovely flavour... something different for the season for sure

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous. But how do you pipe discs to exactly 6 inches without it spreading either before or during baking especially when there isn't any ring to holdthe battery in place?

Veron

Anonymous said...

I meant to hold the batter in place:)

Veron

Mel said...

Wow, matcha kitkat....my first time come across this, special!! It is so matching beautifully with this matcha tiramisu. Lovely, just lovely!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Veron, the cake batter is thick and slightly fluffy, so you can just pipe from small circle to big circle and become a disc . So do not over mix the meringue with flour , when it is deflate then you will have a watery batter, then you can't pipe it into nice shape..

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

我从窗口外就看到你家那诱人的蛋糕, 心里想着sonia家有又好料上场了!
非常特别的青色的kitkat!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Oh i first time see this matcha kitkat, nice ^^

Sokehah cheah said...

Have never seen matcha kit-kat before. What a wonderful way to decorate your tiramisu. Nice clicks!

lena said...

what a pretty cake! i wonder how does matcha kit kat taste like...hmm..but matcha tiramisu sounds wonderful!

Baking Scientist said...

Nice cake! I found matcha kitkat in aSingapore supermarket few months ago. But since then, I have not seen it again. It is indeed very yummy :)

Nadji said...

Tout simplement MAGNIFIQUE. Dommage mais les kitkat au matcha n'existent pas en France.
Très beau tiramisu.
See soon

婉婉午茶 said...

好喜欢你的呈现方式,我好爱抹茶,深深被这蛋糕给吸引了!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Simply awesome looking tiramisu. Just amazed by the look of it.
Deepa

柠檬叶 said...

老师您太厉害了~
蛋糕店橱窗里贵得要命的蛋糕您都会做,好敬佩您哦!!!^^

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

A very pretty & yummy-looking cake. Can also be a birthday cake too! I also never have matcha kit-kat b4.

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

原来还有绿茶kitkat,
长知识了,谢谢!
很喜欢这绿色,还有少许的红色,圣诞老人快来你家了,哈。。。。。。。!
赞!

0620 said...

Looks fresh and lovely
是我喜欢的绿色咧 XD

Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful green tea tiramishu...
lovin the bitter sweet of matcha, especially with some liquor to wetting the base cake.....
damn good dessert!

Esther Lau said...

oh,Matcha kit-kat is my favourite :)
Very creative to use them for tiramisu!I saw matcha Kit kat in one of the Japanese shop in Mid valley before, you can get your new stock over there :)

Tracy Low said...


是我最喜欢的口味,绿茶+ kitkat哦!
你的蛋糕很吸引我哦,我最喜欢的绿茶+kitkat.
绿茶kitkat好贵哦,单单一小包就已经RM7.60。

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , somebody here gave me a box of matcha Kitkat and I stuffed myself silly with it lol I've seen matcha and strawberry Kitkats in one of the shop here last time , your post reminds me to check it out again . Re matcha tiramisu , it looks fabulous and I bet delicious , too ! Just love the flavor so as the festive color :D

Baby Sumo said...

Sonia, thanks so much for linking this to my Christmas event. Your matcha cake looks so elegant! Love your cake decoration as well as stand. Definitely a dessert fit for Christmas!

Li Shuan said...

喔,原来kit kat 有抹茶口味的呀。。很特别。这里有white choc 和caramel 口味的但是抹茶的倒是没看过。。那个绿色很好看,把意大利甜品东洋化了。 like like

QembarDelites said...

Beautiful color, I have not tried matcha kit kat before, look too beautiful to eat!

Jozelyn Ng said...

Beautiful...but macha is not my cup of tea, so I just drop by to say hello ^_^

PH said...

Sonia, even though I am not a fan of matcha flavor, I still admire your beautiful cake!

Unknown said...

I love the use of the green tea kit kat on this cake. Makes it so unique.

Casey said...

真的好美哦!

Cathleen said...

Matcha kitkats??? I am so jealous!! This looks so good!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I'm going to faint looking at this! SOOOOO gorgeous! I showed your email to my husband who's a huge tiramisu fan. He was drooling immediately. :D

My Little Space said...

Such gorgeous dessert. Love the colour green. I tried the other green kitkat from Japan, its wasabi flavour. Very tempting indeed !
Kristy

Choi Yen said...

I just received souvenir from friend, 2 precious pieces of green tea kitkat & u have so many of them on your cake!

Joceline Lor said...

绿茶 kit kat,好特出的。

Alice said...

so beautiful!
unfortunately i'm the only one in the family enjoying matcha in cakes/cookies so I dun think I will make this
perhaps next time I make a trip to Malaysia I stop over at your place? LOL

Cecilia Yap said...

Very nice Matcha tiramisu. First time cone across Matcha Kit kat too. ..

Yvonne said...

Hi Sonia, you can get matcha kit kat in Tokyo Street Pavilion, KL or Candylicious in KLCC.

Michelle said...

HI!

Do you think its possible to substitute whipping cream and gelatin with thickened cream instead?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Michelle, sorry, I can't advise you as I have never use thickened cream before. Maybe you give it a try and let me know the result.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin