This tiramisu also suitable to serve as dessert during Christmas time..Look at my decoration, raspberries and red ribbon, i got Christmas feel now ^_^..
Matcha Tiramisu 抹茶提拉米苏
To make matcha sponge cake
2 egg yolks (large)55g cake flour, sifted
5g matcha powder, sifted
2 egg white (large)
60g caster sugar
- Sift both cake flour and matcha powder together, set aside.
- Lightly stir well egg yolk, set aside.
- Beat the egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar and beat until the egg whites become stiff peaks form, glossy and smooth.
- Fold in egg yolks and lightly mix with egg white mixture with a spatula.
- Sift the flour and matcha powder over this mixture and fold gently until just mixed.
- Fill the cake batter with a piping bag, pipe two round disc (6”) of cake batter on a lined baking pan.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 10-15mins or until cooked.
To make Matcha Tiramisu with Matcha Kitkat
250g Mascarpone cheese40g caster sugar
200g whipping cream (dairy)
1/2tsp gelatine powder
cooked red bean, optional
5 boxes of Matcha Kitkat
- Sprinkle gelatine powder over water in a bowl, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering hot water till dissolved and clear liquid.
- With an electric hand mixer, beat mascarpone cheese with sugar till loosen.
- With the same mixer, continue to beat whipping cream in a mixing bowl that place over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold mascarpone cheese into whipped cream, then fold gelatine mixture till smooth.
- Place one piece of matcha sponge cake into a 6” cake ring or removable bottom cake pan. Divide cream into two equal portions, spoon one portion on top of the sponge cake.
- Place another piece of matcha sponge cake on top of the cream, sprinkle some cooked red beans on top. Spoon in the balance cream and smooth the top.
- Cover with clear film and chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove match Tiramisu from cake ring, sprinkle matcha powder on top, then stick Matcha KitKat on the sides.
Recipe by: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
I am submitting this to the "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" event which is hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.