If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Revisit to Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, Nov 2013 (Part 2)


War Remnants museum, is a place to understand how Vietnamese peoples went through during Vietnam war.


435

 
Photo of " napalm girl ", you can read more here..
446


449


453

 


405
During our visit, there was a Canon's photography exhibition, many awesome photos were display here..

406


411
Frankly, nothing much to see inside here actually..

424


426

 
The green surrounding outside has better view 
421


402

 
I just wonder how they manage these electric wires..
395

 
Ben Thanh market 


hcm2.jpg

 
The main purpose to visit Ben Thanh market was to get some "Fu' and "Hi" chops, you can get these type of chop at the stall where they selling all kind of bakery items..
268

 
I feel this shop given more reasonable price if compare to others ...

 
Revisit to Ashima - mushroom hot pot, you may check my old post here
Ashima
35A Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Dist 1, HCMC.
Tel: 848 3824 1966
Every time I told my daughter and mother how good was this mushroom hotpot, and told them one day I will bring them to try out..This time I keep my promise, bring them to try out..
We went to the old place, but realized that they have actually shifted to somewhere else. Luckily we found their new place..

378
Many types of mushroom to choose from..
375

We still prefer to order beef slices to go with mushroom hotpot. My kids and mother were really enjoyed this hotpot. But my husband and I feel the taste somehow not that good anymore..
Anyway, if you have never tasted mushroom hotpot before (I haven't see this type of restaurant here), this is still a place to try out..
hcm5.jpg

 
Captured this photo when we were on the way to try out Banh Xeo..normal to see this type of scene in Ho Chi Minhwith many peoples on motorcycle..
363

 
Banh Xeo 46A
46A D Dinh Cong Trang | District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

379
 
 
A Banh Xeo place that made famous by Anthony Bourdain (No reservation) , you can watch the video here..

380


381

 
Learnt a tip from here, pour out the excess batter so you can have thin and crispy Banh Xeo..
384

 
Dipping sauce and veggie to go with Banh Xeo
386

 
Ya, their Banh Xeo was really crispy but a bit oily. If I look at my Banh Xeo, i think I have added too much of turmeric powder as its look too yellow. 
387
 
 
We also ordered this deep fried soft shell crabs

389

 
and authentic Vietnamese coffee..
390

 
I went to this wet market, but sorry i couldn't recall the name..


468

 
French bread is so common here, even you can find it at wet market..
467


463

 
I bought pumpkin flowers from here, to make stuffed pumpkin flowers 
464

 
My mother bought this Thien Ly Xao Bo (Thousand miles flowers)
461

At the end of the street at this market, turned left and you can find two shops selling bakery ingredients (located at the 1st floor), where you can get the chops here too..at fixed and reasonable price..
Phuong Ha at 58 Ham Nghi St., District 1

hcm7.jpg

 
Cuc Gach Quan
10 Dang Tat, Ward Tan Dinh, District 1, Saigon
Tel: (84.8) 38 48 01 44 // (84) 01 657 10 10 10
- A new discovery of eating place after saw Esther's review..
This restaurant also made famous by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt when they brought their adopted children back to Vietnam as to let them get to know their country where they were born.

494


495
kitchen area..
496
their old collections..

497


499

 
A very thick menu , like a book..
503
Use kangkong stem (water morning-glory) as a straw, something very new to me. very interesting ^_^
Anyway, the price for a fruit juices like this is almost equal to a plate of dish..rather expensive!! 
509

 
Everything we ordered were very delicious. I will be back to this restaurant if i will re-visit HCM again..
 
When my mother saw all these broken bowls and plates that they used., she said "Choy Choy, for Chinese only beggar use broken bowls", LOL..I told her that this is new fashion ,hehehe..
518

End of my update..Thanks for dropping by..

12 comments:

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

好像到了越南一趟了, 那电线真的很糟糕。。乱78糟的, 哈哈哈!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我的朋友去了那里
他去2个星期
我也正等待他回来的分享:)

Joceline Lor said...

哈哈哈 。。。。。。 那些电线和泰国的一样,可以比赛复杂。看了感觉会可怕。

越南餐也是蛮不错哦。很有特色。

Faeez said...

I've never been to Vietnam before, looks interesting. Kangkong stalks as straws... interesting.. & is that banana leaf rolled into bottle cover? Interesting presentation!

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , your answer to your Mom's comment made me laugh out loud ! Vietnamese food sounds wonderful :D My stomach's grumbling looking at those food *sigh* Gonna watch that Anthony Bourdain's video again ....

Victoria Bakes said...

Oh how I miss viet drip coffee! And great one on the shop that sells baking supplies... I always like to keep a tap on where to buy baking stuff when I travel....

Li Shuan said...

哈哈。。你家妈妈还不懂收破烂是我们blog友的潮流horr ? 谢谢分享两大明星夫妇去用餐的餐厅。。下次有机会我也去:)

PH said...

I would love to visit and will focus on the good food!

Anonymous said...

WOw, such a fascinating place,
i guess we has the same passion for food here, i like to foraging to a traditional market to see their local ethnic food there!
i love their cofee and also their betel leaf wrapped beef!

Small Kucing said...

food look interesting leh.. Guess you will be cooking so of the food here ya?

My Little Space said...

Now, can you imagine how much is a new plate & bowl means to them! Very penny counts.
Kristy

Sem said...

My family just came back from HCM.I followed most of your travel guides. Didn't get to try out much because my son fell sick the day when we arrived. Even got to cancel the Mekong Delta trip that we already booked. Overall HCM is a nice place especially for coffee addict like me. Thanks.
We hope to go back once more.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin