-How we enjoyed? We like to eat with homemade sweet sambal, simple delicious !!
-saute dried shrimps, add radish, add watery batter, cook till thick paste, steam become cake..
Fried white radish cake
Ingredients350g shredded white radish
- (cook shredded radish with water till soft, drained and discarded the water)
250g rice flour
20g tapioca flour
50g dried shrimps, soaked and chopped finely
1/2tsp chicken stock powder
1/2tsp white pepper powder
Extra rice flour for dusting
1. Mix all seasonings with rice flour, tapioca flour and water by hand whisk till a watery batter.
2. Heat oil in a wok, sauté chopped dried shrimps till fragrant.
3. Add in cooked shredded white radish, mix well, pour in the watery batter.
4. Cook mixture for two to three minutes over low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture turns to a thick paste.
5. Pour the paste into a greased cake tin. Smoothen the surface with a spatula. Place it in the steamer and steam over high heat for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the cake and allow it to cool thoroughly before cutting into slices.
7. Dusted rice flour over radish cake, shallow fry the radish cake slices till golden brown.
8. Serve with chilli sauce.
-I love the texture of this radish cake, neither too soft nor too hard, just perfect !! Now I start thinking to cook another usual way of enjoy radish cake, stir fry with egg and bean sprout, yum yum!! will share the recipe soon..