-some of the ingredients
-chicken mix with all ingredients and spices in the wok...
Chicken Curry Chinese Style
1kg chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
2-3tbsp chilli paste
2 potatoes, cut into halves, slightly fry in hot oil
4 sprig curry leaves
2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
300ml coconut milk
1tbsp curry powder
1tsp turmeric powder
2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp sugar or to taste
4tbsp cooking oil
Pound these ingredients
1 Big onion
4 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemongrass
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté the pound ingredients and chilli paste until fragrant.
2. Add in chicken pieces, lemongrass, curry leaves, stir fry for 1min.
3. Add in curry powder and turmeric powder, mix well.
4. Pour in water and bring to boil (2-3mins).
5. Mix in coconut milk and fried potatoes, and simmer till the chicken is cooked (about 15mins).
6. Add in salt and sugar, combine well.
7. Dish out, serve with steamed rice.
*my note-if you like to have more gravy in your chicken curry, then add more water and coconut milk..
HAPPY COOKING !!