I'm so happy to find out this simple French bread recipe. Love the crunchy and crispy crust (while hot) , soft and chewy inside..
I can use the same recipe make into my favourite baguette next time which need to make longer in shape...The texture and taste of this French bread is very close to Delifrance's French bread, which slightly salty in taste..
I also use the new French bread pan that i bought from "taobao online"...
I'm not sure if we use the normal baking pan instead French bread pan will have difference result or not, need to find out this answer one day..
Easy French Bread
(recipe source: adapted from dailydelicious )
300g bread flour / high protein flour
1 and 1/2tsp instant yeast
1tbsp Olive oil
1 and 1/2tsp coarse sea salt
Some yellow cornmeal, for dusting and sprinkle over the pan
2 cups boiling water, for baking
1. Mix olive oil, honey and water together in a bowl.
2. Put flour, instant yeast and salt in the mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
3. Slowly add in water mixture (No 1) into flour mixture(No 2), knead till elastic dough. Keep aside to rise until double size.
4. Place a baking paper or silicone baking mat over a sheet pan, or use a French bread pan (I use this one), sprinkle with the yellow cornmeal.
5. Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
6. Roll into balls and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
7. Press the ball lightly and shape into a long oval, do the same with another ball.( I dusting the worktop with yellow cornmeal too)
8. Use the side of your hand press the center of the dough, and roll again (do it 2-3 times until you get a desired length )
9. Place the shaped dough over a prepared pan.
10. Let the dough rise until almost double in size, about 30 minutes.
11. Preheat the oven 220°C and place a roasting pan in the lowest shelf of the oven.
12. With a very sharp knife, make 3 or 4 diagonal cuts about 1/4 inch deep across top of each loaf. Put the bread into the oven and pour the boiling water into the roasting pan, bake for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
I made this bread into garlic bread and serve with creamy mushroom soup, they are very good!
Ya, can anyone tell me how to frozen the unbake French bread? I planning to make more of this bread and store in the freezer for later consume. Thanks!