Cotton Cake 棉花蛋糕*makes 2 x (3”x6”) Aluminium tin
40g cake flour
40g Evaporated milk
3 egg yolk (big size)
3 egg white (big size)
1tsp corn flour ( not in recipe, I added this)
1. In a pot, melt butter over low flame or melt in microwave oven.
2. Pour melted butter in a mixing bowl, sift in cake flour, stir well till a thick paste.
3. Lightly beaten egg yolks using a hand whisk, slowly add in milk, mix well.
4. Slowly pour egg yolk mixture (No3) into butter mixture (No2), whisk till well combine.
5. In another mixing bowl, beat egg white under high speed till foamy (about 1min).
6. Gradually add in sugar, continue beat.
7. Add in corn flour, beat till soft peak form.
8. Take 1/3 of egg white mixture mix with egg yolk mixture (No4) using a hand whisk, stir till well combine.
9. Gentle fold in the balance egg white using a spatula, combine well, but don’t over mix !!
10. Spoon batter into cake pan, smooth the top of the batter, lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
11. Bake over waterbath at 170c for 8mins, reduce to 150c and bake another 20mins.
12. Up side down (Invert) the cooked cake immediately on a wire rack until it's completely cool before remove the cake from cake pan.
My note: I have a microwave cum conventional oven, so I changed the temp. setting to 180c for 7min (upper rack), then follow by 160c for 20mins(upper rack), last increase to 180c for 5mins (lower rack) to brown the top. And I forgot to invert the cake, so the cake shrunk after cooled
Happy Baking !!