At first, thinking to do Annie's Seri Muka, but Jeslyn keep asking me to do her favorite Ketayap, so I have to postpone the Seri Muka project and do Ketayap project. Annie, I sure will try to do Seri Muka in one day, have to do my favorite food also.
My Malay kawan so kind share this recipe to me, this is better than those selling outside (actually she also sell some kuih-muih in the pasar ). The look is not so nice if compare with those selling outside, because mine is purely use pandan leaf, no added colouring, more healthy lor...
Recipe to share
grated coconut (1 coconut)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 pc of gula melaka (Palm sugar, cylinder type)
1/2 cup of water
2 pcs of pandan leaves
4 tbsp coarse sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix brown sugar, gula melaka, pandan leaves and water in a pot, bring to boil until melt
2. Discard pandan leaves and set aside
3. In a clean wok, heat coarse sugar until melt (caramel effect)
4. Add in gula melaka water (no 1)
5. Add in grated coconut and salt
6. Stir fry until mix well
- mix all below ingredients in a big bowl and use whisk to mix well
1 tbsp tapioca flour
120ml pandan water
1 egg ( beaten lightly)
1 tbsp corn oil
1 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
Steps to prepare Ketayap1. Pour a scoop of the batter in the center of the non-stick pan and move the pan around for the batter to coat the side
2. Once the colour change and batter turn hard, crepe is ready and remove it immediately . Just fry for one side only.
3 .Put a spoonful of the coconut filling on the crepe and roll the crepe
1. If time allow, rest the batter for 2 hours or more, the texture of the crepe will be even better.
槟城 - 娘惹博物馆 （Pinang Peranakan Mansion）
1 hour ago